Couscous Salad Recipe October 12 2014
- 400g couscous
- 400ml water (brought to the boil)
- 60ml olive oil
- 1⁄2 head of lettuce, roughly chopped
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1tsp salt
- 1 can of cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of green peas, drained and rinsed
- Place the couscous in a large bowl. Place water and 1 tblsp olive oil in a saucepan, bring to just boiling point, and then pour over the couscous.
- Cover and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining olive oil, the lemon juice, garlic, salt, chickpeas, peas and lettuce.
- Fluff couscous with a fork and season with salt and pepper. Add the couscous and stir until well combined.
- Can be served warm or cold.