Moroccan Couscous Recipe October 12 2014
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of kabssa spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of hawaij
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic & herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon of dry mint
- 1/2 teaspoon of aleppo pepper
- 1 teaspoon of zhug
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cans of peeled tomatoes
- 2 cups of couscous
- Heat up the oil in a large sauce pan, add the onion.
- Once the onion turns golden add all the spices and chickpeas.
- Add the tomatoes, crushing them as you mix.
- Add the water and allow to boil.
- Once boiled turn off the heat and add the couscous, stir until well combined.
- Serve with tagine or great on its own.