Pomegranate Jewelled Rice Recipe October 12 2014
- 50g Barberries
- 50g Slivered almonds
- 50g pistachio kernels
- 50g pumpkin seed kernels
- 50g sunflower seed kernels
- 50g dried apricots (slivered)
- 1 tblsp Yallateef
- 2tbsp rice bran oil (for frying)
- 4 cups par-boiled basmati rice
- 8 cups water
- 6 threads saffron
- 1tsp salt 3tbsp Pomegranate seeds (seasonal)
- In a hot saucepan fry the nuts, dried fruit and yalateef in the oil.
- Add the rice and mix well.
- Add the water, salt and saffron threads then stir.
- Leave covered until all water is absorbed.
- Serve garnished with fresh pomegranate seeds.