Quinoa Rice Recipe October 12 2014
- 2 cups of par-boiled basmati rice
- 2 cups of quinoa
- 5 cups water
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 tbsp rice bran oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 an onion
- 1tbsp ras el hanout
- 1/4 bunch parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a saucepan then fry the onion until golden brown.
- Add the parsley, ras el hanout, beans and salt.
- Rinse the rice and quinoa then add to saucepan, stir until well combined.
- Pour the water into the saucepan & stir.
- Cover, then allow to simmer on a low heat until all the water has been absorbed.
- Once rice is tender, turn off the stove & allow it to rest for five minutes before serving.