Tabouli Recipe October 13 2014
- 2 bunches parsley (‘flat leaf’)
- 500g tomatoes (‘firm to touch’)
- 1 tablespoon of fine burghul (‘crushed wheat’)
- 2 spring onion leaves
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of mixed spice (‘baharat’)
- Pinch dried mint
- Wash the parsley thoroughly. Dry well & place aside.
- Wash the burghul in warm water & squeeze out any excess water. Place in a large bowl.
- Wash, then dice the tomatoes into 5mm cubes.
- Wash, then chop the spring onion leaves.
- Add the tomatoes & spring onions to the burgher Then add all the seasonings.
- Chop the parsley finely (discarding the stems) & add to the other ingredients.
- Add the lemon & olive oil to the mixture & mix together thoroughly.